L. Leo Judice Elementary
Counselor: Ronette Bourque, MS, PLPC
The counseling department at L. Leo Judice Elementary offers a comprehensive counseling program available to each and every student.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns at (337)521-7710, send me a note with your child, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each month lessons are taught in classrooms that focus on academic, career, or social skills, and character development.
Along with classroom lessons, the counseling department also offers small groups on emotional regulation, changing families, making good choices, grief, self-esteem, and social skills. Groups are offered in the fall and spring and run for 6-8 weeks. Groups meet once a week for about 30 minutes.
Individual counseling is available and may be requested at any time. Teachers and students are given request forms, and parents/guardians may send requests via paper, email, or phone.
2. Have a flat, clean surface for your child to work with room for them to spread out their books and materials.
3. Keep homework at the same time of day, every day to establish a routine.
4. Provide the materials that are needed to complete assignments, Pencils, erasers, crayons, ruler, etc.
5. All for short breaks in between assignments.
6. Check over your child's homework. They don't have to have every single thing right, but they need to make sure a true attempt at the assignment was given.
The school counseling office offers a variety of free parenting materials that contain information on effective parenting strategies. We also have contact information for community agencies that may be helpful.
Additionally here are some websites with specific subjects you may find useful.
Back to School Readiness Checklist
Back to School Transitions
Anxiety in Children
Learning and Disability Website
Parent and Family Engagement